- My two best girls from college got engaged last weekend! It was a complete surprise when both of their boyfriend's popped the question within days of each other. It is also interesting because, while I met them independently while in college, they grew up being best friends and are now both marrying guys with the same first name.
- Another college girlfriend of mine (her husband was a college friend of mine as well) is pregnant and will be having a girl in May! When did we all get so grown up?
- My father-in-law is getting married next Thursday. Yes, you heard that right, he's getting married on Valentine's day. I'm looking forward to celebrating with him and his bride.
- I have really been enjoying my running lately. Most of it has taken place on a treadmill but I've actually enjoyed it. I just started training for a potential half marathon at the end of April and I really think the treadmill will help get me ready. I haven't registered yet because I'm still trying to work out the logistics.
- The main logistical issue with the race is that it would require either a hotel or staying with my brother and it is the weekend before Joey and I head to Europe for a Mediterranean cruise! Neither of us has ever been to Europe so we are excited. It is also a bit overwhelming. If anyone has any advice or tips on things to do/see/eat in Italy, Barcelona, and France, let me know in the comments.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
I really don't mean to seem like everything is all sunshine and roses over here all the time but honestly, I'm a positive person and I'm laid back so I don't let things get under my skin too often. There are definitely times in my life where I've had difficulty but I've been very fortunate that those times have been few and far between. I just wanted to share some of the good things that have been going on lately around here.