Nova is a piece of work. Some days she is a perfect little angel and others she has issues. Luckily the good days far outnumber the bad. She is almost 10 months old and weighs 43 pounds. She is smaller than Delilah length-wise and height-wise but she is only 4 pounds lighter. She is definitely a bit thicker and is getting a more standard basset body. Delilah is very skinny for a basset so it won't surprise me if Nova ends up weighing more.
|Nova likes laying in the bit of sun streaming through the window.|
Delilah and Nova get along about 99 % of the time. The other 1% isn't horrible but they do snap at each other sometimes. Nova mostly has issues with Delilah at dinner time or when they are drinking water. Nova thinks all the food and water should belong to her. On a few occasions Nova has stopped eating her food to sneak in and eat some of Delilah's food (while she is eating). Delilah, bless her heart, usually just lets this happen. We do not. Sometimes Nova will get snappy about it though. She also gets crazy about water. I mean, I kind of understand because I require a lot of water everyday but she needs to chill. Luckily, Delilah isn't a total wimp and will fight back a bit. We are also fortunate that Nova doesn't have any issues with us touching her or her food or water (or taking it away).
|Nova loves the cold weather. She doesn't seem to mind the snow but we haven't had much.|
|How Delilah spends most of her days|
|Delilah and Nova peacefully sharing a toy|
|How they rang in the New Year! They were so worn out!|