- My Father-in-law got married on Thursday night and we were out late.
- My husband's BFF got his car stuck in the mud outside my FIL's house that night and it took about 45 minutes to get him unstuck so we were out even later than planned. (Interesting to watch men in suits/dress shoes pushing a car out of the mud). They eventually jacked up the back of his car (he has rear-wheel drive) and stuck a board under it to give him traction.
- I sat in the car dealership service department for nearly 3 hours for an 'oil change' that resulted in oil change, tire rotation, new drive belts, and a car wash.
- I took the pups to the dog park because the weather was amazing on Friday.
- Saturday we babysat my (3 yr old?) nephew for 8 hours. Luckily he entertained himself a lot of the time with Joey's toys.
- The first two hours of babysitting had the nephew playing with toys/Nova while Joey and I cleaned the house. Nova was beat after 8 hours of toddler playing!
- After he was picked up, we headed to the gym where I managed to run 3.5 miles in 30 minutes.
- Monday I had to get my 'long' run in since I had put it off due to babysitting on Saturday and freezing wind on Sunday. I ran 6 miles outside in 55 minutes (it was a little chilly but I was so glad I went) and ended my run at the gym for an arm workout. Joey met me and drove me home.
- Joey made dinner last night and it was incredible! He made homemade gnudi with a chunky tomato, mushroom, and bell pepper sauce.
- I found out that a friend from college's mom passed away on Friday. She's my friend who is pregnant. This news is devastating. I'm driving up to the viewing this evening to support her.
- And to not end on a downer, the puppies got baths yesterday and are soft and clean!
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
I had a 4-day weekend and wanted to do a quick bullet post about what I did.